Post-Pandemic Self-Care: Grounding in the Middle of Any Storm- An Intro to TRE and Regulating Your Nervous System
During these very uncertain times due to the COVID-19, our life is perhaps impacted by tremendous stress, anxiety and worry for both ourselves’ & our loved one’s health, job security, and even financial situations, etc. Are you aware that our nervous system is constantly on and protecting us by reacting to any potential signs of stress and threat. There are many signs that our nervous system is activated and protecting us that we may be unaware of such as muscles tensing up, holding our breath, increased breathing rate, abdominal distress, headache, sleep problems, feeling irritable or feeling spacey and check out. Getting acquainted with and grounding our own nervous system puts us back in the driver’s seat of wellbeing and safety.
If you are someone who would like to learn about resources that use your body’s innate healing wisdom to better take care of yourself, you may benefit from Tension Release Exercises (TRE ®️). TRE is a 100% natural, simple, self-help practice that assist the body in releasing deep muscular patterns of stress and tension and downregulates nervous system reactivity. Created by Dr. David Berceli, PhD, TRE safely activates a natural reflex mechanism of shaking or vibrating, which when activated in a safe and controlled environment, allows the body and mind to return back to a healthy state of balance.
In this webinar, you will "Learn how to ground your nervous system using simple effective techniques and about how TRE®️ releases years of deeply held tension by reactivating your innate healing mechanism." Please note this webinar does not include doing the full practice of TRE. It is an intro only.
Date: 11, April, 2022
Time: 19:30-21:00 (HK time)
Speaker: Ms. Lori Arsenault (TRE Global Certified Trainer & Founder of Freedom Within Wellness)
Language: English (不設廣東話即時傳譯)
Cost: Free of charge
Mode of webinar: Zoom platform
Organization: Baptist Oi Kwan Social Service, Re:Fresh Counselling & Research
1. Please respect the intellectual property rights of the speaker, and please do not do video recording, audio recording or directly take photos of the content of the workshop
2. This activity will be provided for registration in the first come first served basis. After the successful registration, participant will receive a confirmation email with the zoom link, one working day before the event; if you do not receive the confirmation email after registration, please check you "Spam" box
3. During the event, video recordings will be made by our agency for the future education and promotion purposes.
4. If the Observatory will issue a storm signal No. 8 or above and a red or black rainstorm warning within two hours before the start of the event. The event will be cancelled and the re-run of the event will be further notified separately.
5. Your personal information provided to our organization is only used for registration and is protected by the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance